Monday, June 4, 2012

Me too

Jess' Thoughts
This entry is about about a saying girls absolutely hate when used to reciprocate a comment. For example, if the girl you are dating or are thinking about dating says "I really like you." and you say "me too", then there are going to be some problems. Through my dating life, I have had guys say this type of thing all the time, and to be honest, it is just obnoxious. Once I told my ex boyfriend that I missed him and he said I miss me too. It's just dumb. If you like/love a girl, understand that when she says "I like you", "I love you", or "I miss you" that the best thing for you to do is to reciprocate it and not just say "Me too." Also when being told "I loved talking on the phone with you tonight." and you say "Me too." You are basically saying that you also loved talking to yourself on the phone. Just know that the best thing for you to do is to say that you also enjoyed the phone conversation instead of making yourself seem schizophrenic. 

Shelby's Thoughts
So true. The other day, I was talking to a guy with whom I'm currently enduring a long-distance thing. I was just being all sweet and cute, since we hardly get a chance to talk anymore (my mother cancelled my texting). I said, "I like you!" and he said something along the lines of, "Good. Because I like being liked." Seriously? No matter how secure a girl is in her relationship, she still wants to hear that you like her too. She said it for a reason, and it was most likely not solely to make you feel good about yourself. Now, is it really that difficult to give her a simple, "I like you too" or "I like you more", or something like that? No, it's not. You may think you're being cute/funny/amusing by telling her that you liked being liked, or that you miss yourself, or that you liked talking to yourself on the phone as much as she did. You're not. You're being obnoxious, and, though she may not say so, it's not what she wants to hear from the guy she cares about. If you'd like for her not to harbor secret resentment towards you, and if you would like to remain as the object of her affection, just suck it up and return the favor of her kind words of affirmation.

No comments:

Post a Comment